Hi friends! I hope your summer is going great!
For many people, summer comes with travel, including car rides, airplane flights, and boat trips. Unfortunately, the travel-fun can sometimes be interrupted by motion sickness.
Homeopathy can help!
Common symptoms of motion/travel sickness include:
- Vertigo, dizziness, and a sense of unease
- Nausea and vomiting
- Loss of appetite
- Dazed feeling
Scroll down for a list of the best Homeopathic remedies for motion/travel sickness.
Try the Homeopathic remedies listed below in the 30c potency. Each remedy is linked to Amazon but you can also buy them at your local health food store. They are cheap, safe, and effective!
Take 2 – 3 pellets under the tongue at the first sign of symptoms. Take a dose (2 – 3 pellets) every 15 – 30 minutes, or up to once an hour as symptoms persist. If you get motion sickness a lot you can take the remedy preemptively.
It’s best if you don’t eat or drink (except water) 10- 15 minutes before and after taking the remedy. The remedies do not interact with other medications and are safe for adults, teens, and kids (even pets!).
Remember, Homeopathy is an individualized medicine. Review the symptoms for each remedy to determine which one is best matched to your experience of motion sickness. It does not need to be a perfect match – if most of your symptoms are similar to the remedy you should experience relief.
I am confident that if you select a well matched remedy it will relieve your motion sickness. Of course, I am always here to help! Click here to contact me.
Homeopathic Remedies for Motion/Travel Sickness
Cocculus Indicus (Cocc.)
People needing Cocculus to relieve their motion sickness have the following symptoms:
- Worse for car and boat rides.
- Nauseated especially when lifting the head.
- Loathe all food and drink; accompanied by excess saliva.
- Headache in the forehead and back of the head; their head feels heavy.
- Sore neck, especially in the nape of the neck and upper shoulders.
- Stomach is bloated and there is retching and vomiting.
- Feel dazed and weak, sensitive to light and noise.
People needing Borax to relieve their motion sickness have the following symptoms:
- Worse for up and down motion – this a great remedy for airplane sickness.
- The up and down motion causes vertigo and faintness.
- Fearful, anxious, and fidgety.
- Easily startled and become frightened at every sudden noise.
- Nausea with trembling in the body and pain in the stomach.
- Dry mouth but vomits after drinking.
People needing Bryonia to relieve their motion sickness have the following symptoms:
- Worse for any kind of motion, just want to lie still.
- Just want to go home and be left alone. They are irritable and touchy.
- Dizzy, faint, and nauseous, especially on rising up from their seat.
- Bursting, splitting headache in the forehead and behind the eyes.
- Dry tongue, bitter taste in the mouth.
- Better for drinking large quantities of water.
- Vomits warm drinks and food.
People needing Petroleum to relieve their motion sickness have the following symptoms:
- Worse especially for car, train, and boat rides.
- Irritable and worried; in extreme situations might fear death.
- Vertigo with the sensation that their head is swinging or swimming.
- Throbbing headache.
- Dry mouth with bitter, sour taste in the mouth.
- Feeling of emptiness in the stomach
- Hungry but eating causes stomach pain and diarrhea.
- Better for warm rooms and warm air.
People needing Tabacum to relieve their motion sickness have the following symptoms:
- Worse especially for boat rides.
- Excessive vertigo with copious cold sweat; worse on opening eyes.
- Disruptions to inner ear function brought on by seasickness – creates head spinning, ear ringing, and ear pressure.
- Ravenous hunger, is nauseated if they don’t eat; loathes drinking water.
- Deathly pale with icy skin.
- Retching and vomiting.
- Better for open air.
Phew, none of that sounds very fun at all!
While I hope your summer time travel doesn’t include any motion sickness or suffering of any kind, Homeopathy is here to help!
And, if your summer unfortunately includes bug bites, burns, or injuries, check out my blog post on Top Summertime Remedies!
Be loved and be well!
– Aaron Stiner, Homeopath